HP endorsement refers to an application for making an entry of hire-purchase, lease or hypothecation agreement in the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle.
- Apply for making an entry of hire-purchase, lease or hypothecation agreement in the certificate of registration of a motor vehicle in Form 34, duly signed by the registered owner of the vehicle and the financier
- Provide certificate of registration and the appropriate fee as specified in rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989
- Application in Form Form 34
- Certificate of registration
- Certificate from financier for having retained full dues from the financier (for deletion case only)
- Proof of address*
- Valid insurance certificate*
- Pollution under control certificate*
- Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & Form 61(as applicable) *
- Chassis & Engine Pencil Print*
- Signature Identification of owner*
- The Motor Vehicles Act 1988 (Section 51 of Chapter IV)
- The Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 (Rule 60)
- State transport official websites
Documents marked with asterisk (*) may be required in some states.